Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Greatest Fear

I wrote this poem when I was in high school. Wasn't the best time for me. I'm sure many can relate. I thought I'd share this one because it kind of eludes to my last post. I promise all my poems won't be this depressing!

My Greatest Fear
11/18/2004

My world is spinning
Nothing is clear
Who I am is out of sight
Lost in my mistakes

I used to know,
I used to be,
Someone
Now I'm no one

Help is there, I just can't reach it.
I'm just too scared
Of myself.
The mirror is the enemy.

I live for others, not myself.
Everyone thinks I'm fine,
I'm the one that's supposed to be stable.
I'm Indestructible.

No, I'm not.
I need help too.
I need a shoulder, I need a lap.
To cry on.
Doesn't anyone see!

I'm crashing, missing my aim
I'm lost, but know where I am
To be found is my only hope,
But my greatest fear.

1 comment: